Vectric Post Processor

Exchange information regarding Buildbotics post processors for CAD/CAM programs.
shane@madrt.com

Re: Vectric Post Processor

Post by shane@madrt.com » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:41 pm

I currently have 10.019 installed which is the most up to date and Buildbotics is still not in the post processors. Is it under another name perhaps?

Thanks,
Shane

Doug

Post by Doug » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:40 pm

I don't know. As a Vectric customer, it would be great if you contacted their tech support to find out when they will add it to their software. Feel free to give them our github link where we have the vectric post processors that we created.

https://github.com/buildbotics/bbctrl-p ... ter/vetric

Also, if they need information from us, please get a contact name and number and I'll get in touch with them.

missionarymike

Post by missionarymike » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:00 am

Hello all!

So I made a few small changes to the Vectric post processor to fit my needs. To those of you who don't understand what the post processor does, it just formats the output of the toolpaths from Vectric into GCode that is readable by the BuildBotics controller.

The changes I made are below:
1. Remove the lines of code that reference change tool. After the program is started, the tool should already be installed so this is really unneccessary unless you use multi-toolpath GCode which has its own isses.

2. I added "M7 (Start coolant pump)" in the header portion which automatically starts the coolant pump system (for my water cooled spindle).

3. I added "M7.1 (Stop coolant pump)" in the footer section to stop the coolant pump system (for my water cooled spindle).

I know you can add the M7 and M7.1 codes on the BuildBotics -> Settings -> Begin/End Program areas, but those also run when homing or doing non-cutting operations.

Just a tidbit to help the community.

Also, as Ben Myers pointed out, if/since Vectric doesn't currently have the BuildBotics post processors on their download site, you have to download it from the GitHub site. Just make sure you create a new text file and download the "Raw" data from GitHub.

Good luck!

heebie

Post by heebie » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:03 am

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Rotary milling question here. I believe I've worked out the correct motor tuning values for the A axis, but I'm curious about the Buildbotics post processor. I'm using Vectric Aspire to generate g-code using the uploaded buildbotics_mm.pp file on GitHub for the post processor. Will this work for rotary machining as well? I see that other post processors for other controllers have "wrap" versions specifically for this. But, I'm hoping that "wrapping" the X-axis linear operations for the A axis as Vetric does shouldn't really matter in the end. Or am I missing something?

Thoughts? Thank you!

Doug

Post by Doug » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:00 am

What happens when you try to generate gcode of this type using the buildbotics_mm.pp?

heebie

Post by heebie » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:55 am

Hey Doug, thanks for the response. The standard Buildbotics post-processors don't seem to be working for 4-axis gcode generated by Vectric. The program runs runs just like a standard 3 axis job. It seems to be moving the X and Z axis in the correct proportions, but the Y-axis never "wrapped" for the A axis.

Has anyone ever used Vectric Aspire generating gcode for rotary axis machining?