Working on a Dyna 2200

This forum is dedicated to DynaMyte CNC Mill retrofits with Buildbotics Controllers
dbemowsk

Working on a Dyna 2200

Post by dbemowsk » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:06 pm

I have been given a Dyna 2200 (doesn't appear to be a Dyna Myte) CNC mill for free and am looking to retrofit another contoller on it and am looking for some information.
As much as I'd like to try a buildbotics controller for this, it is a bit out of my price range at the moment and am looking to use a cheaper controller. My questions though stem from your video where you retrofitted a Dyna Myte 2400 which I understand to be a step above the 2200. My first question is, is there a way to reuse the original stepper drivers that are in the control box?
If not, how hard is it to conect to the steppers using something like a pololu driver, and what would be the steps per mm for these?

Any information you an give to assist in this build is greatly appreciated.

dbemowsk

Re: Working on a Dyna 2200

Post by dbemowsk » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:48 pm

So sice posting this I was able to get ahold of someone from Dyna Mechtronics who gave me a whole host of information on this machine. I plan to do a blog post about this on my website at some point, but here is some information I compiled. First I created this image labeling what each part is in the main control box.

This is a basic wiring diagram taken from the DM2400/2200 service manual.

If anyone else is interested in more information on this machine, let me know and I will post a link to my BLOG post once I get it done. I plan to post this plus a ton of other information on this mchine as well as my steps for upgrading to an arduino based GRBL controller with a Raspberry Pi hopefully running bCNC with a 7 inch touch screen.