Touch Screen Monitor support

Post any suggestions that you have for new features and enhancements for the Buildbotics Controller here.
rjs

Touch Screen Monitor support

Post by rjs » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 am

I was able to get my Viewsonic touch screen monitor VSD241 to work with the Buildbotics controller. It turned out to be very straight forward. I simply connected the monitor to the HDMI port and the touch screen's USB connector to one of the available USB ports on the controller. When I connected the monitor the Buildbotics was running Chrome with the web interface already launched and I was able to control the system from the monitor using the touch screen. It also worked with a wireless Logitech mouse and I suspect it would work with a keyboard as well but I have not had a chance to test that yet.

I am not sure if this will work with other touch screen monitors but this is a huge feature as it allows you to have a local interface to the controller without having to use a computer, phone or table in the workspace.

Doug

Re: Touch Screen Monitor support

Post by Doug » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Just curious,

Were you able to get a virtual keyboard to come up on your touch screen?

rjs

Post by rjs » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:56 pm

no, I tried but I never saw the touch keypad come up.

Doug

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:01 pm

I got an ASUS touch screen monitor and hooked it up, but there was not virtual keyboard. The good news is that I was able to hook up a regular keyboard, then navigate to this link and add a virtual keyboard extension to the chromium browser on the controller.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kmnb?hl=en

Works like a charm.