Rotate axis in the controller

Post any suggestions that you have for new features and enhancements for the Buildbotics Controller here.
Bob Z

Rotate axis in the controller

Post by Bob Z » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:48 pm

So, I was on another forum trying to solve a problem of trying to use Vectric Aspire's roughing g-code when the end result is off-axis (in this case 45 degrees, in order to build something a bit longer than my machine's bed, and without tiling). Strictly a software limit on their end. Anyway, someone pointed out that they had a controller that once the g-code was inserted, you could enter in an offset angle and rotate and generate the g-code at the new angle. Is this something that is even possible with the BB? Is it already there, and I just don't know about it? If it is even possible, is it a reasonable thing to do (iow, is the processor too slow to even do such a thing)?

Thanks,
Bob

Doug

Re: Rotate axis in the controller

Post by Doug » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:24 am

It is not currently possible with the BB Controller. It is possible to develop the capability, but we are not currently planning to do it.

Skyler

Re: Rotate axis in the controller

Post by Skyler » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:40 pm

If I understand your goal correctly, couldn't you simply model your part at a 45 degree angle, if Vetric Aspire doesn't have a way of rotating it after the model is in the CAM software.

You can also consider trying a different CAD/CAM software. I've really enjoyed using Fusion360.