feed (speed) over ride

Post any suggestions that you have for new features and enhancements for the Buildbotics Controller here.
satgod

feed (speed) over ride

Post by satgod » Wed May 26, 2021 8:13 pm

i'm sure this has been brought up several times but this is one of the bigger things I would love to see right now on the BB controller

you could add a variable into the code that once you enter the new value it tags it to the next G1 command to raise the speed and if zero it does nothing.
Just one way to get it done I can think of about a dozen

rtkracht

Re: feed (speed) over ride

Post by rtkracht » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:02 pm

I'll vote for this feature also. Of all the things I miss most about using Mach 3 is this ability. It comes in handy when making your first pass over a rough surface and you need to slow down for the random irregularities.
R.T.Kracht
Huffman, TX

Skyler

Post by Skyler » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:03 pm

I'll vote for it aswell. I'm sure not having this feature, among others, that Mach3 etc has has lost sales.

Adding a speed, feed, and rapid override feature would be a big deal for me. Either sliders or buttons for different percentage overrides like the Haas control would be great.

pmanning

Post by pmanning » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:15 am

satgod wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:13 pm
i'm sure this has been brought up several times but this is one of the bigger things I would love to see right now on the BB controller

you could add a variable into the code that once you enter the new value it tags it to the next G1 command to raise the speed and if zero it does nothing.
Just one way to get it done I can think of about a dozen
Did you come up with a solution for the feed override? This is almost a deal killer for me coming from Linuxcnc with the nice slide bar adjustments for feed and spindle control.